Premiere Wrestling Xperience Top 10 February 2018
Premiere Wrestling Xperience Top 10- February 2018
Anthony Henry- PWX World Heavyweight Champion continues to sit atop the landscape in PWX with plenty of challengers directly in his rear view. Henry took part in two HUGE events for EVOLVE Wrestling this past month in New York so the Champion was absent from Battlefield X but we are sure he kept a close eye on the main event as it directly affected his main event title defense on March 25 at Rise of a Champion XIII.
- "The New Age Enforcer" James Drake- The 3rd annual X-16 tournament winner punched his ticket to the main event of Rise of a Champion in January with an impressive showing defeating Drew Adler, NJPW Star Juice Robinson, and Elijah Evans IV to win the tournament and another shot at the PWX World Championship.
- "Mr. PWX" Ethan Case- Battlefield X was a night of surprises and none were bigger than the return of Mr. PWX as entrant number 27 in the Battlefield X Rumble. Case once again made history having already been the first X-16 tournament winner added 'first ever Battlefield X Rumble winner" to his resume. Next up Case looks to add another first, his first PWX World Heavyweight Championship as his victory makes the main event of Rise of a Champion a triple threat match.
- Elijah Evans IV- The leader of The Syndicate (for now) After losing the Innovative Television Title in the middle of 2017, Evans has had an impressive, yet still somewhat disappointing start to 2018 taking the runner-up position in both the X-16 tournament and the Battlefield X Rumble. Evans' attitude change has advanced him near the top of the ladder in PWX but he still can't seem to win the big one. Now Evans finds himself in an internal battle with his Syndicate teammate Timmy Lou Retton coming up at Rise of a Champion and the loser will no longer be welcomed by the group. Evans certainly "deserves it" but can he earn it? Or will he be runner up once again on March 25th?
- "Do or Die" Chip Day- The current PWX Innovative Television Champion was unsuccessful in this year's X-16 tournament but no one saw it coming when Day cashed in his "Opportunity Knocks" title shot on "The Revolutionary" Darius Lockhart to become two time ITV Champion. Of course, Lockhart had just fought to a brutal time limit draw with "Hot Fire" Myron Reed and Day leveled him with a kick to the head out of nowhere to win the title. If you ask the current ITV Champion, these are all semantics and Day is just taking what PWX has "denied him all these years" Fans may not agree with the actions of the "Kennesaw Kick Machine" but you can't argue with his results as Day added an impressive title defense over "The Governor" Martin Stone this past month. Up next for Day is a defense against former WWE Cruiserweight Champion Rich Swann at Rise of a Champion, a win would almost certainly elevate Day higher in the rankings next month.
- "The Revolutionary" Darius Lockhart- The flipside of the Chip Day coin is "The Revolutionary" Darius Lockhart, one of the most popular athletes in PWX today Lockhart was furious and heartbroken to have what he worked so hard for ripped away from him at X-16. Darius has vowed to settle his score with Day before all is said and done but a personal battle with the hottest free agent in professional wrestling Maxwell Jacob Friedman took center stage this past month at Battlefield X. MJF infuriated the capacity crowd and his opponent with some unkind (and uncensored) words prior to the match and Lockhart proceeded to make Friedman pay for every syllable with a big win. Chip Day has said Lockhart must start at the "end of the line" if he wants another shot, Can The Revolutionary climb that ladder once again and get his revenge? Many think Lockhart can do that and much more.
- Tracer X- "The Independent Variable" is on a steady rise in PWX putting on exciting, high flying matches each and every month and is right there with Lockhart amongst the top crowd favorites with the PWX faithful. Tracer was a heavy favorite to win X-16 this past January and despite being eliminated in the semifinals he put on a solid performance with two big wins and followed those wins up with a belated and much awaited match with Serpentico at Battlefield X. Many called that 'match of the night' and in the end Tracer scored a big victory and will now move on to face one of his toughest opponents yet in Lucha Underground star "M-Dogg" Matt Cross. The match will certainly be can't miss on March 25th and should Tracer pull off a huge win he may find himself right in the hunt for a shot at a championship very soon.
- Corey Hollis- Moving on from two of the most popular athletes in PWX to undeniably the most hated, Corey Hollis has been embroiled in a feud with his former best friend John Skyler for a year now. Hollis has been consumed with ending the career of Skyler, embarrassing his former friend and tag team partner and in the process Hollis has formed his own brand new faction Country Jacked. Brady Pierce & Gunner Miller serve as insurance policies for the man PWX fans refer to as "Angry Midget" but all jokes aside, Hollis' mean streak is as real as it gets this last 12 months and after a huge win over his adversary Skyler at the last event of 2017 and advancing all the way to the semifinals of X-16 this year it looks as though Hollis doesn't want to just end Skyler, he wants to surpass the two time World Champion. Hollis will bring his Country Jacked to Rise of a Champion to face Skyler and PWX World Tag Team Champions The Ugly Ducklings in 6 man tag team action, a match that is surely to get wild and out of control adding another chapter to the blood feud between these two.
- "The Southern Savior" John Skyler- The other half of the Carolinas' Professional Wrestling Awards Feud of the Year for 2017 is two time former PWX World Champion John Skyler. The Southern Savior always has his sights set on being the best and being a champion but the fact of the matter is Corey Hollis has ensured that to not be a reality (at least for the time being) as Skyler has been consumed with Hollis' heinous attacks on him personally and more recently his girlfriend Katie. Skyler had a real shot this past month at Battlefield X to return to the main event slot at Rise of a Champion and compete for a third PWX World Championship but Hollis again made sure to spoil those plans. After fighting alongside Hollis at last year's Rise of a Champion against Rob Killjoy and Lance Lude, one year later Skyler has joined up with the PWX Tag Team Champions and will wage war once again with his former best friend in 6 man tag team action.
- Timmy Lou Retton- Wrestling's only Olympic Gymnast enjoyed a good run as half of the PWX Tag Team Champions alongside BOSS as the duo dominated The Ugly Ducklings in 2017. Retton & BOSS had one final battle with Killjoy and Lude at X-16 this past January in an absolutely brutal "DLC" match with The Ugly Ducklings winning the titles for a second time and Retton losing his partner to injury in the process. Things have not slowed down for Timmy Lou however as he had a wild night at Battlefield X briefly uniting with his Gymnasty Boys partner White Mike entering at the number 13 spot, Timmy Lou lasted over 48 minutes to the final three in the Battlefield X Rumble before being blindsided by his Syndicate teammate Elijah Evans IV and eliminated. Retton shows promise in both tag team and singles action in PWX and again on March 25th at Rise of a Champion he will get a chance for revenge as he goes 1 on 1 with Elijah Evans IV with the loser being fired from the group.
- "Classless" Mason Myles- The PWX 'Pure' division has been a proving ground that produced PWX stars like James Drake, Tracer X, and Rob Killjoy and Mason Myles is taking steps to add his name to that list. 'Pure' preshow matches are as can't miss as the main shows and perhaps none have been bigger than the 4-way qualifying match that kicked off Battlefield X this past month. The Classless one defeated "Fast as Hell" Ian Maxwell, Mister Sleaze, and the winner of an online fan vote "The Southern Punisher" Big Country to qualify for the Battlefield X Rumble. To be fair, Myles stay in the actual Rumble match was less than impressive (35 seconds to be exact) but qualifying for the rumble and winning a showcase match in the 'Pure' division barely gets Mason Myles in this month's rankings. Plenty of young, hungry talent is competing hard in that division and plenty are just looking for an opportunity to do just that. We will see if Myles can continue to climb the rankings and be that next performer to use the 'Pure' division as his ticket to bigger and better things.
The Monthly Top 10 Rankings are compiled by PWX website Editor-In-Chief Jer Polk and DO NOT reflect the opinions of PWX management. I welcome your feedback on the rankings via twitter @The1andonlyJer Please feel free to let me know what I got right and who you think should be considered for a spot in future rankings. Rankings will be published monthly following PWX events.
Tickets for our Anniversary super show Rise of a Champion XIII are on sell NOW! They are going FAST! Considerations are being made for ROCXIII to be held in a larger room at Cabarrus Arena & Events Center so DO NOT DELAY! Get your tickets now to ensure you have a seat to our biggest show of the year! Ticket & Event info is located on the main page.
Already announced for Rise of a Champion XIII:
Triple Threat PWX World Heavyweight Championship Match
Anthony Henry w/ Amber Young (c) vs. 2018 X-16 Winner "The New Age Enforcer James Drake vs. 2018 Battefield X Rumble Winner "Mr. PWX" Ethan Case
6 Man Tag Team Action
Corey Hollis' Country JACKED (Corey Hollis, Brady Pierce, & Gunner Miller) vs. "The Southern Savior" John Skyler & PWX Tag Team Champions The Ugly Ducklings (Rob Killjoy & Lance Lude) w/ Coach Mikey
PWX Innovative Television Title Match
"Do or Die" Chip Day (c) vs. Rich Swann
Syndicate vs. Syndicate w/ Special Guest Referee THE Tommy Thomas
Elijah Evans IV vs. Timmy Lou Retton
Tracer X vs. "M-Dogg" Matt Cross
Also Appearing: "Swerve" Shane Strickland, Tessa Blanchard, Su Yung
SPECIAL MEET & GREET: NWA Legend Magnum T.A.
Be sure to 'like' PWX Wrestling on Facebook and RSVP to our Rise of a Champion XIII event page if you plan on attending the show Sunday March 25th. Follow us on twitter @PWXWrestling for more announcements in the coming weeks as we travel the road to our 13th anniversary supershow!
Don't forget about our "What does PWX mean to me?" Fan video contest
Film and post a video to social media using the hashtag #PWXandME about what PWX Wrestling means to you! Enter at the link below & don't forget the hashtag! #PWXandME
Winner to receive the following:
-Pre-show tour of production area
-In ring photo op with PWX staff and talent
-Special PWX produced curtain entrance
-Announced as winner pre-show
-Special VIP seating for up to four at the live event